Welcome to Friday Five! This new meme is run by the writers at Paper Hangover. Each week they give us a blogging prompt where we make a list about five things related to books and/or writing.
I’m really excited to try something new on Fridays. So far, Paper Hangover has been good about posting their topics a day or two in advance, which really lowers my Friday post stress level! I got sick of constantly refreshing Reader from my phone, waiting for this week’s questions to post before I had to go to bed or leave for work. Is it up yet? Is it up now? Is it going to post ever?
This week’s stress-free topic is “FIVE (book) characters you would switch places with for a day.”
1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games). Preferably NOT on a day she was in the Hunger Games fighting for her life. Though life in the Capitol wasn’t always easy, I think having people like Cinna, Peeta, Gale and Prim around made it a lot better.
2. Bella Swan (Twilight). Preferably pre-Renesmee, but post-Edward-moody-disappearing-act. If there is one thing my current life is missing, it’s a sparkly vampire and a Native American werewolf fighting for my affection.
3. Anna Oliphant (Anna and the French Kiss). Sure, getting sent to an American boarding school in Paris full of good friends and the love of your life would be rough, but…wait. No. No, that wouldn’t be rough at all. It would be awesome.
4. Dorothy Gale (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz). Do you think the next day I’d be able to convince myself it was all just a weird, trippy dream?
5. Amelia van den Broek (The Vespertine). Okay, I admit it. I just want her clothes and calling cards.
What character would you trade places with for a day?
My weekly recap is inspired by the phenomenally talented, kind and generous Small Review. If you are not already following her, you are really missing out. Also, have I mentioned how much I love Cool Text? They’re the folks that allow me to make these cool (and simple) text buttons – for FREE!
If you’re a first time visitor, or just didn’t get the chance to stop by this week, here’s what you missed:
Features and Memes
Silly Sunday – Laser Cats
Nuclear war creates cats that shoot lasers out of their mouths. Andy Samberg and Bill Hader make movies about it. Lorne Michaels tells them to get out of his office. A lot.
I signed up for the Book Bloggers & Publishers Online Conference, and you should too.
Dark Lover by J. R. Ward
Black Dagger Brotherhood Challenge