Welcome to Friday Five! This meme is run by the writers at Paper Hangover. Each week they give us a blogging prompt where we make a list about five things related to books and/or writing.
This week’s topic is “What are FIVE of your most distracting (procrastination-worthy) things (habits, websites, etc.) on the internet?”
1. Ugliest Tattoos. I usually insist on reading this until I cry from laughter, which doesn’t take long.
2. MSN Wonderwall. It’s like an online gossip magazine that doesn’t make me feel like I’m reading trash.
3. Text Twist. I get a wee bit obsessed when playing this word puzzle game.
4. Wikipedia. If I need to know something, I’m wiki-ing it.
5. Yelp. I rarely try new things anymore without first scouring the reviews on Yelp.
What sites do you frequent? I need new ones!
My weekly recap is inspired by the phenomenally talented, kind and generous Small Review. If you are not already following her, you are really missing out. Also, have I mentioned how much I love Cool Text? They’re the folks that allow me to make these cool (and simple) text buttons – for FREE!
If you’re a first time visitor, or just didn’t get the chance to stop by this week, here’s what you missed:
Armchair BEA – Nurturing Relationships
See the debut of my new blog signature!
Armchair BEA – My Top 2011 Books
See which books I’m most regretting not getting at BEA this year.
AWAKEN by Katie Kacvinsky
2011 Debut Author Challenge
Enjoy your weekend everybody!