Hosted by Tina at Tina’s Book Reviews, Missie at The Unread Reader, Joy & Serena at Edgy Inspirational Romance, Nic at Irresistible Reads and Jenny from Supernatural Snark, each week we’ll be reading and discussing a set of chapters from the book. There will be prizes for participants, so click the button for more information and to sign up!
Discussion Questions for Chapters 24-28 & Wrap Up
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?
No way. I’m all about trying new things, but if some shady guy hands me a mysterious “medicine” I don’t think I could take it. I’d call for a royal food taster first. 😉
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
It was definitely risky, but I get where Lia was coming from. It’s so hard for me to stay cool when people are especially aggravating or not playing fair. Was it the right choice for Lia? Probably not. With that much attention on them, they certainly didn’t need to show off Lia’s archery skills to boot!
3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
I definitely wish Marcello needed some more convincing. Wouldn’t that have been exciting if Gabi had to leave unsure of whether he believed her? That she’d have to come back if she wanted to prove it to him? That would have been exciting. With all of the books on time travel I’ve read, and movies I’ve seen, I like to think that I could be accepting of someone telling me something outlandish like that…but in reality I’d probably write them off as crazy.
4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
I think Gabi loves Marcello too much not to at least try to get back. I think it’s one of those situations where you wouldn’t know unless you were in it. Would I travel back hundreds of years for someone I was convinced was my soul mate? I think maybe I would. Besides, it would be nice to leave all your modern troubles behind and start over, wouldn’t it?
5. Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?
I love when Gabi and Lia are reunited. I was so worried about Lia through the first part of the book, and to finally have her be safe and a worthwhile partner in battle was a huge relief. Maybe it’s because I have a sister myself, but I just couldn’t enjoy the book fully until I knew what happened to Lia!