Every Friday I post a recap of books I’ve read, am reading, and plan to read, as well as any other tidbits I feel like sharing. The format was inspired by Small Review’s Recap posts and On a Book Bender and 25 Hour Books’ Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge posts.
This week on the blog:
- Silly Sunday – Game of Thrones Parodies – Poking fun at gratuitous nudity and Ned Stark wields a lightsaber.
- Book Blogger Confessions – Blog/Life BalanceÂ – How well do you balance blogging with real life?
- Writing Wednesday – Gold Star MotivationÂ – I try out a new way to set and follow writing goals.
- Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore – 3 stars
- DarkfeverÂ (Darkfever #1)Â by Karen Marie Moning
- This was an interesting world and I’m looking forward to the rest of the series, but I need to read something else first.
- Thirteen Reasons WhyÂ by Jay Asher
- My pick for book club this month. I can’t wait to discuss!
- In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler’s BerlinÂ by Erik Larson
- I love the way Larson writes non-fiction. His use of foreshadowing may not be for everyone, but I like knowing where the story is headed.
- Clockwork AngelÂ (Clockwork Angel #1) by Cassandra Clare
- This is much darker than I thought it would be, and I really like it so far. Why did I wait so long to read these?
- The Great GatsbyÂ by F. Scott FitzgeraldÂ
- I can’t even explain how excited I am for the Baz Luhrmann movie next month.Â
- Downton Abbey, Seasons 2 and 3
- It’s official. We’re addicted. We blasted through season 2 in two sessions, and are working our way through season 3 this week.
- Game of Thrones, Season 3
- Still the best show on television.
- Bad Religion at Congress Theater
- As advance repayment for making him go with me to the Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z concert this summer, my husband is taking me to a Bad Religion concert tonight.
- Registered for 2nd quarter of Masters Swim Team at my gym, and am trying out a new Pilates-inspired class called BOSU-Core Synergy.
- Running is on hold since I got a nasty chest cold this week. Blerg.