On Fridays I post a recap of books I’ve read, am reading, and plan to read, as well as any other tidbits I feel like sharing. The format was inspired by Small Review’s Recap posts and On a Book Bender and 25 Hour Books’ Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge posts.
This week on the blog:
- Writing Wednesday: Character Names – Biweekly check-in on writing progress and process
- Summer Knight (Dresden Files #4) by Jim Butcher
- Death Masks (Dresden Files #5) by Jim Butcher
- I liked the fae element in the fourth book, but the fifth wasn’t my favorite. I just didn’t connect with it as much. I’ve never really cared for Susan as much as Harry does.
- Hex Hall (Hex Hall #1) by Rachel Hawkins
- I waited way too long to read this! It’s very cute so far. Boarding schools, FTW!
- Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed #1) by Lara Adrian
- It feels like a Black Dagger Brotherhood knock-off, but it’s still entertaining.
- PBS on Sundays
- The return of Downton Abbey and Sherlock have my Sunday nights pretty covered. I’m hoping they can help me cope with the loss of football again until August. Only one game left! *sob*
- Dancing machine!
- I mentioned last week that I was going to go try and hear andhim play at Chicago house music staple Smart Bar on Friday night. And I did! Husband and I went out to dinner at the Rivers Casino buffet, then played some slots, and then I dropped him off at home before heading out to the bar around 11pm. The hubs cannot handle the sick techno beats, so I was on my own. I was pretty tired when I got there, so I perched at the bar and sucked down a couple of Red Bulls before making my way to the dance floor around 1am. I danced my fool head off until 3:30, and according to my FitBit, walked the equivalent of 8+ miles in the process. That’s a lot of calories burned! I had the time of my life, so I’m going to try and make this a weekly thing. So! Much! Fun!
What have you been up to this week?